Monday, February 11, 2013

Malaysia - Truly Asia 2012

June - Malaysia Truly Asia

Another side trip from Singapore, but this time I am with my friend, Randy. 
Instead of taking a bus ride going to KL for SG, we don't want to waste our 6 hours travelling on the road, so my friend booked us a flight from Jetstar, 
SG to KL which cost me around SG$100 
that means more than my MLA-SG-MLA roundtrip fare.

It was funny because our flight was just less than 30 mins.  I just heard that we take off, and after few minutes I heard we're on our final approach for landing at KLIA. (cool)

At SG, train is everywhere, and train from the airport to the 1st MRT station is for free... so we rushed to KLIA Ekspres when we arrived KLIA, to our surprise at the end of it which is the KL Central station we paid 35RM to exit! Wow!

We had our breakfast from there... before we headed to Genting Highlands for our 1st stop.
going to Genting from KL Central station, we hopped off at Gombak Station

From here we got our ticket for bus and Skyway Cable car ride going to the 
Resort World Genting for 30RM Express one way



it took 2 hours before we're able to get the next bus trip... good thing we have met a filipino couple who was about to go up too and eventually became our buddy through out our trip.

and we all enjoy our cable ride going up to the highlands.
It is 3.38 km long and hundred feet above the ground for 15 mins.
and up there, it was cool breeze, just like Baguio but more foggy

Welcome to Resort World Genting!

we stayed there till afternoon, after lunch and coffee with our new found friend
Free coffee from our new found friends
we didn't bother to try their theme park... 
I don't find it appealing as Universal Studios or HK Disneyland
And since our ticket is only one-way  and we enjoyed the cable car ride, we decided to take it again and get our one-way cable car ticket for 6 or 8 RM (I forgot the exact)
so tired and exhausted from Genting, we went straight to our free overnight stay at one of the condo in KL courtesy of Randy's friend... after all the expenses from airfare to KLIA Ekspres (yes, that's how they exactly spell it!), I guess we still got the best stay here since our place and food/dinner are all for free!
...and of course I wont skip the chance of seeing and taking pictures of the iconic
Petronas Tower!

Malaysia is just like Manila I should say...you can see dirty public toilets, greedy taxi drivers and barker, plus their MRT/LRT is I guess same here.

The next day, we head back to KLIA for our early flight going back to Singapore. YES we just spent less than 24 hrs there...
but I guess enough to see the two best tourist spot only found in Malaysia


But guess what, late last year they opened the LEGO Land and Hello Kitty theme park, plus some friends who are working there now... that means I am surely coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment