Monday, September 12, 2011

Bacolod - Nature Trip at Negros Occidental

Bacolod Trip with my Colleagues -- July 29 - Aug 1, 2011

Bacolod - City of SMILE 
Negros Occidental - Sugar Capital in the Philippines

This is another budget fare via Zest Air - Round-trip Manila-Bacolod-Manila is PHP490


5 of us were ahead of 1 day among the rest - I am with 2 couples
spent our 1st night in Bacolod City at Check Inn

Check Inn is located at the heart of Bacolod City - mins. of walk away from SM Ciy Bacolod, Plaza, Cathedral, and accessible to all traspo 

their rates is very cheap -- but do not expect much
Standard Single = PHP500
Standard Double = PHP800 
I can say that their rooms are decent enough to stay atleast for overnight

Day 2 - City Tour - Mambukal Mountain Resort

We're up so early to roam around Bacolod City. Places that are few walks away from the hotel.







Pope John Paull II Tower

And finally meet the whole gang at The Ruins!



after The Ruins .... 
we pigged out at Bacolod Chicken House to taste their authentic chicken inasal!
  and to our final destination for that day.... Mambukal Mountain Resort

Mambukal Mountain Resort Cottage - we've got 2 big cottage for 16 pax -- 
 PHP1500/Room/Night


Day 3: Mambukal Mountain Resort - Trek to see the 7 falls

the 1st and 2nd falls

the 3rd and 6th falls
We're not able to see the 4th and the 5th falls because it is not passable due to landslide...
so we went ahead to see the 7th falls
And FINALLY!
The 7th Falls
And we enjoyed dipping on the 7th falls...the water is soooo cold!

this is my first time to trek...and first time to get close with nature... I was really overwhelmed by everything I witnessed there.... from the lush green forest...to the fresh spring water....the 7 falls!

I consider this as my best NATURE Trip of all!

From the Moutain of Mambukal.... we went back to the City 
We got our Hotel Room from Kundutel Hotel
We've our Room at PHP1400 - Family room good for 3 - not bad - cheap but decent
in total we've got 2 family rooms and 2 deluxe rooms for the couples
see their Room Rates
Kundutel lobby and Front Desk

and we pigged out again to the best chicken inasal in town.at Manokan Country

 Bacolod's Best Tasting Chicken Inasal @ Manokan Country

After the pigging out at Manokan Country-since we are all tired, we went back to Kundutel to get some rest. 
 We get all get up late a night because we are all starving.... 
we decided to go out and find something to eat!

...and eventually enjoyed few bottles of Tanduay Ice and Beer
at MO2 just right across Kundutel.

DAY 4: FINALE

our last day - I actually booked a new flight to extend my stay - my original flight back to Manila is Sunday July 31st.  But since I would like to extend the FUN - I booked another return flight via Airphil Express for PHP980

We're up for Pasalubong Shopping!
 Bongbongs Pasalubong - where we got our box of goodies

 and the mouth-watering Napoleones of Pendys
(Note: you have to contact Pendy's early morning if you are going to get a box/boxes of Napoleones ....they don't entertain walk-ins specially for bulk orders.)

and I went ahead of them since my flight is 2 hours earlier than the rest....
and sooo I missed their lunch at Pala-Pala where the pigged out on fresh seafood!

Truly this trip is the best one! I would love to have a close encounter to Nature 
and try all the best tasting foods!

Overall - It cost me less than PHP5000 - for this trip - that already includes my airfare, hotel, food, pasalubong and all others. Not bad, right!?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment